facebook link  Twitter link  Rss feed 

Non-Profit Programs

Clayton County Environmental Health does not issue permits to or inspect any non-profit events. Even though we do not issue permits to these events we do require that you register with our office so we may provide you with important guidelines regarding food safety. Below are the procedures that you will need to follow in order to register your event with our office.

A non-profit organization is an organization in which profits are not sought and any money made is used to benefit the cause that the organization is supporting. The exemptions stated in the code are as follows: Sponsored by a political subdivision of this state or by an organization exempt from taxes under paragraph (1) of subsection (a) of Code Section 48-7-25 or under Section 501(d) or paragraphs (1) through (8) or paragraph (10) of section 501(c) of the Internal Revenue Code as that code is defined in Code Section 48-1-2; lasts 120 hours or less; and when sponsored by such an organization, is authorized to be conducted pursuant to a permit issued by the municipality or county in which it is conducted.

  1. Contact our office and submit a copy of your tax exempt/non-profit paperwork to prove your status.  For more information, you may contact the Georgia Office of the Secretary of State via their Web site at http://sos.georgia.gov or via telephone at:  (404) 656-2881.  Additionally, you may contact the Internal Revenue Service at:  1 (800) 829-4933.  (If you do not have this information, you are not deemed to be a non-profit organization and will need to go through the Special Event/Temporary Food Service procedures and receive a permit from our office)
  2. Your organization will then be placed on the Environmental Health's registry. This will include the dates, time and location of the event.
  3. Every non-profit food service is required to submit the above information each time that it is going to set up and serve food.

If you are found to be operating without first registering your event with our office or not getting a Special Event/Temporary Food Service permit you will be subject to closure and/or administrative action.


Clayton County Board of Health
Office of Environmental Health Services

1 Crown Center 1895 Phoenix Blvd, Suite 350 College Park, GA 30349
Phone: (678) 610-7469   Fax: (770) 603-4874